Pace Leaders are a critical part of JTC Running's training classes. They lead a number of training class participants on the Tuesday and Saturday class runs and are expected to:
1. Be present and on time for the Tuesday night runs (start time: 6:15 short presentation - 6:30 run time) and the formal long runs (dates listed below).
2. If you are unable to attend a training run, please email/call/text Jennifer with at least 24 hours notice, if possible.
3. If you are unable to attend a training run, please have someone fill in for you if your pace group does not have another leader.
4. Do your best to keep your group together. If someone is falling behind, please do your best to ensure everyone reaches the final destination safely. You might need to run between the 2 groups or send the group on if there is someone who knows the way :-)
5. Be flexible and patient.
6. Stick to the course routes the best you can.
7. You will not be required to attend the informal runs, but I hope you are able to participate in most of them.
8. Communicate with Jennifer if there are things that need to be addressed in a timely manner.
Formal Long runs:
All runs start promptly at 7am
Jan 13 (Saturday) Memorial Park
Jan 20 (Saturday) San Marco
Feb 3 (Saturday) Ortega
Feb 17 (Saturday) Town Center/UNF
Mar 3 (Saturday) Orange Park
Individuals selected will be given a one year extension on their JTC Running membership from the starting date of the class and a entry into the Gate River for $30.
To apply, contact Jennifer DeSantis at email@example.com