About The Race: Begun in December 1977 as an English-style true cross-country race, our 5k competition has become renowned for its unique, challenging course, this year at New World Sports, 13715 Lake Newman St, Jacksonville, FL 32221 (Cecil Field area). Parking will be free! For a view of the course, click HERE.
Entry Fees through 12/12: JTC Running members early online $10 through 12/12. Members paper entry fee through 12/12, $12. Members online 12/13 through 12/25 fee is $15, paper $17. Non-members online, $25. Non-member fee includes one year membership in JTC running, a $20 value.
Click HERE to download the paper registration form.
Extend JTC Running Membership $5 Off: Add 12 months to an Individual Membership for just $15 or Family for just $20!
Day of Race entry fee: there is NO day of race registration!
Social Distancing Guidelines MUST Be Followed:
- No day of race registration.
- Day of race bib and sweatshirt pickup: Adhere to the six foot spacing guideline and wear a mask that covers nose and mouth.
- Please wear a mask when you can not adhere to the 6 foot spacing guideline. Masks are required at the start and finish.
- Race will be started in waves of 20 people. You must choose your starting wave during registration. Potential award winners should try to run in the early starting waves.
- Once you have finished the race please respect the 6 foot social distancing spacing and wear a face covering.
- The post-race activity will be limited to awards presentation about 30 minutes after the last person finishes the race.
- Bring you own water if you want to be extra safe. We will have water in sealed bottles at the start/finish. If you take a water bottle on the course, be sure to hold on to it until you finish the race or drop off in trash cans at designated drop location.
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available at the Sanitation tent near the start/finish.
- If you feel ill or have a fever, do not come to the race.
- To maximize social distance we recommend that you not arrive at the race more than 30 minutes prior to start time.
What Do You Get? A commemorative JTC Running 44th year sweatshirt (enter by December 12 in order to guarantee your shirt on race day), recognition of age group winners, awards for top men and women overall, top Women's Masters, top Men's Masters, top Grand Masters (60 & over) Women and Men. No post-race party this year. Awards will be available at the JTC Running tent after the race.
Age Groups: 13-under, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54,
55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-over.
Race Director: Herb Taskett 904-372-0509
Also: The Kids’ Gasp a Free 1-Mile Cross-Country Run at 1:30 p.m. - No registration required.About The Club: Originally named The Jacksonville Track Club, JTC Running began on October 27, 1975. Since that day we have been dedicated to the betterment of our sport, be it cross-country, road or track. Our events include, the Gate River Run, Tijuana Flats Summer Beach Run, The Guana Back to Nature Trail Races, The Winter Beach Run, a quality Track Meet Series and The Last Gasp.
Become a JTC Running member! Membership includes: Subscription to The Starting Line, our informative bi-monthly newsletter; discount entries into JTC Running events (see list above); local training runs; track training; exceptional social events throughout the year; and, discounts to local running stores (listed on website).